Physics aims to develop students
- Appreciation of physics and the significant contribution physics has made to contemporary society
- Understanding that phenomena may be explained, analysed and predicted, providing a reliable basis for actions
- Understanding of how matter and energy interact in physical systems
- Understanding of how models and theories are refined and how new models and theories are developed in physics
- Investigative skills, including the design and conduct of investigations to explore phenomena and solve problems, the collection and analysis of data, and the interpretation of evidence
- Ability to use accurate and precise measurement, valid and reliable evidence, and scepticism and intellectual rigour to evaluate claims
- Ability to communicate physics understanding, findings, arguments and conclusions using appropriate representations, modes and genres.