In partnership with our parents and the close-knit community of Gladstone, Trinity College aims to inspire and nurture the learning journey of each child as they grow and develop from kindergarten through to graduation. We embrace, support, and continually develop practices to improve learning outcomes for students: to be creative, critical thinkers, always striving to be great sportspeople in competition, collaborators, innovators, naturally curious and empathetic, via a Godly perspective. The senior secondary academic program is intentionally tailored around the needs of individual students yet lining up with the requirements set out to obtain a QCE. We are constantly reminded that for every child the pathway to achieving their learning goals and individual success, looks different. As a college we value this distinctiveness and have established partnerships with a range of noted educational providers, to support our students in developing their skills, passions, and abilities.
Some of the additional learning opportunities and activities on offer are:
- Mandatory camping program for years 5, 6, 7, 9 and 11.
- Work placement for year 10 students (a complete one-week block) with individually tailored placements.
- Our “Reach” program, for differentiation and improvement of student potential
- Distance education opportunities
- TAFE course options
- Apprenticeship and community connection prospects
- Large array of sporting opportunities
- Identifying and developing cultural awareness, abilities and talents through music classes, musical performances, participation in art exhibitions and competitions. The College received great accolades for its recent rendition of Jungle Book and is currently full steam ahead on preparations for Annie, The Musical, being presented later this year.
Through participation in Chapel Band, our musically passionate students are offered the opportunity to learn their craft, perform on stage, all whilst learning about how to worship and use their gifts and talents for our God.