Trinity College Remote learning portal
Living. Learning. Community
This portal was developed rapidly, in response to the COVID-19 crisis in Term 1 and 2 of 2020.
Whilst it is currently not in use, it remains on our website to view, as evidence of the high quality education we strive to provide to all students in all circumstances, utilizing technology to enhance education. For example, this time helped shape our current Learning Management System in High School.
WELCOME TO THE TRINITY COLLEGE SECONDARY REMOTE LEARNING PORTAL!
Dear Parents and students,
During this challenging time, the staff of Trinity College would like to give you our full commitment to continue to deliver student learning at a high standard, though it be in a different format. The measures taken today may well form the foundation for teaching principles for the future. We urge our students to remain diligent in their studies, keep communication lines open, ask questions and stay in contact in order to get the best education during this time.
SECONDARY REMOTE LEARNING
HIGH SCHOOL WEEKLY LEARNING SCHEDULE
In order to ensure teacher/student contact is consistent, remote learning will match the students’ current Secondary School timetable. All classes within the week will be conducted either via a live Zoom session, or via a recorded lesson which will be uploaded to Google Classroom. For each class, all weekly tasks assigned, will need to be completed and submitted during the week, within the lesson time. Specific information for each class/subject will be uploaded to Google Classroom. Other online learning platforms may also be used, such as Microsoft Teams and OneNote etc. Teachers will be connecting with all students throughout the week, on multiple occasions.
REPORTING STUDENT CONTACT
Staff will be reporting student contact (take attendance) for all live Zoom meetings.
Over the course of the next 5 weeks, we will continue to hold special days and events for which you can submit photos – it is important that you still feel connected to the Trinity community!
SUPPORT FOR STUDENTS WITH LEARNING NEEDS (LEARNING ENRICHMENT SERVICES)
- TA’s will be available to support students in each of our classes.
- TA’s will connect with their designated students regularly throughout conversations with teachers, TA’s and families.
- We may be able to provide 1:1 or small group support at school for a number of our students. This will be determined through conversation with the Learning Enrichment Coordinator and families.
- TA’s will be available to meet with students in small groups via Zoom, for the purposes of our Minilit and Multilit programs etc.
- The schedule for those will be determined.
- Our Learning Enrichment coordinator will connect with families of students with diverse needs to co-plan how best to serve and meet the goals of the IEP.
Please click on the button below to access additional information, and please do not hesitate to contact your child’s class teacher, or contact the college office, if you need any advice or support, and remember, we’re in this together!